Tuesday 28 February 2012

Improvement Based on Feedback Sheet

After reading the teacher feedback on the final draft of my magazine, I have come up with a few changes and additions I will make to my final version. Firstly, on my cover I need to use one consistent font for the white cover lines down the left side. This will hopefully make it look less busy. I also need to work on the size of my title/logo, E&D, as it seems quite small compared to the main cover line, and is almost dwarfed by it. I should put the date, issue number and price on the front cover as well, as I forgot to do this on the draft. I will make the banner at the bottom smaller as well, as it takes up too much space in comparison to the rest of the cover.
My contents page also needs some changes. I need to work on the sizes and dimensions of the boxes in on the page as they are still a bit off, and it looks quite busy compared to the cover page. The photos I have used (which I did take, but they are only the test shots I had to work with at the time) are over manipulated and I should leave them simpler in the final piece.
With my double page spread, I have still over manipulated the images (which once again, I did take myself and are not copyright as my feedback sheet says) I also have to work on my columns a lot as I don't like the look of them and they definitely need work. I may make them slightly transparent also, but I'll see how that looks first. My lead photo needs to be larger as it doesn't grab your attention enough as a lead photo should. My introductory text needs to be bolder and stand out more as well, as it kind of fades in with the rest of the text as it is. I will also place a quote line somewhere over one of the images as I feel it will make the pages less simplistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment