Thursday 26 January 2012

Pitch Summary

Overall, my magazine pitch went quite well. I managed to cover the majority of my main points, including my name idea, colour palettes, double page spread article ideas, target market, layout and model/photography ideas. Because of this, I ended up gettting limited queries and feedback. One thing that did come up during my pitch, was the idea that I could focus my magazine on 50% classic rock/metal and 50% modern rock/metal. This came up, because I had a lot of classic rock bands in my pitch video. I like this idea as it will make my magazine appeal to all rock and metal fans, young or old. Another thing I found from my pitch, was that my colour palette of having black as the main colour was quite predictable and boring, so I will probably use red as the main background colour, rather than just as a highlight colour. I didn't speak about several things during my pitch, and will answer them now. Firstly, the shots that will feature in my magazine, include a main shot for my front cover which will be a midshot of my main model Darren, with a slightly insane look on his face, holding a puppet of the devil (which I have at home from a children's puppet set) up to his ear as if it is speaking to him. It will be a studio shot, enabling me to remove the background and replace it with a red one that gradually gets lighter the further down the page it goes. I will use three other shots of Darren in my magazine, one for the contents page and two for my double page spread. In all of these shots, he will be wearing a dark t-shirt, possibly black, with black jeans. He will also probably be wearing some form of jewellery such as chains and a necklace type thing. I will use two other photos for the cover page which will be of two other models, one male and one female. This will show that my magazine isn't just aimed at a male audience. I will also use a photograph of an album by a classic rock band to place in my contents near the review section. I have also decided that my magazine will retail at £3.99 as the majority of magazines in shops are around £4-£5, making mine more economical for buyers than say Kerrang or NME.

No comments:

Post a Comment