Monday 23 January 2012

Genre of My Magazine

I have decided that my magazine's music genre will consist of the heavier types of music specifically, Rock, Metal, Punk and Grunge. I would like it to be hard hitting to live up to its genre and therefore will use a lot of rock iconography such as fire, skulls, demons, etc. I have choosen these genres of music, as I personally prefer them and also think that they are not as mainstream as they used to be in the 60s, 70s & 80s and therefore will be more interesting than say Hip Hop or Pop. It also allows me to feature some older bands as well as modern ones if I look to the classic rock or metal such as Bon Jovi or Metallica. Because of this choice of genre, I think my colour palette will maily be made up of black, white, red and grey/silver. This fits the genre well as it is usually quite dark and horrorific in its style.

No comments:

Post a Comment